Thursday, March 5, 2009

Awesome Movie!

A few months ago, Jeff and I decided that we would start a reward program with our boys. We set a goal with each one and when they work on that goal each day, they earn a "bead." When their bead jar is full, they get to go on a special date with mom and dad. Kevin has been working so hard and finally filled his jar. So last night it was his turn.

First we stopped at Burger King for dollar-menu-dinner and then we were off to the Lihue Bowling Lanes. It was an amazing game of bowling and no one bowled higher than a hundred (with bumpers.) It was so fun.

Then we decided that we (okay, I...) needed to see Inkheart. (It was the last night and I so wanted to see it in the theatre.) Can I just tell you that this is a FANTASTIC movie. It was suspenseful and exciting but there was no swearing (that I blatantly noticed) there was no sex, there was no gore or graphic violence! It was so great. Kevin said it was a little scary at the end but not too bad. I was so happy. But here is the big news... this is the first time ever that I can honestly say that I liked the movie better than the book. Can you believe it? It was a great flick! I have to say that it is very high on my list of favorite movies!


Oh yeah, and here is a picture of Naiya and Holly with the super cute mermaid onesie that I bought her. It has nothing to do with the movie but isn't she darling?

3 comments:

Serious Sam said...

That sounds like a fun movie. I've added it on NetFlix based on your suggestion.

And, yes, that is a cute baby.

Kristine said...

I'll be finding a way to see Inkheart too...it's not in any theatres here any more...but hey! we'll see it eventually.

Cute baby, cute momma, and cute onesie...it makes me miss you all.

Emily said...

Dawn,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for my adorable purse/bag!!! You are the sweetest, I love it! Thanks for thinking of me, it really brightened up my day. You're the best!

Em