Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Priorities...

So even though laundry, budgeting and dishes are my priority today I had to take a minute to show you this. We had the missionaries, Elders Hatch and Vea, over for dinner on Christmas Eve. In our family we always open up one present on Christmas Eve - pajamas (I know it's not very original.) So I made some t-shirts for the missionaries to open. Here is the cool part. They actually sent us a Thank You note. I have never in my 10 years of feeding missionaries gotten a thank you note. So, in honor of the mothers who taught these boys right - here it is, the First-Ever-Missionary-Thank-You-Note.


4 comments:

Peggy said...

What nice boys! And what cute shirts! Good idea, Dawn! I"m sure they'll keep them forever (Chris has a t-shirt someone gave him on his mission and he won't let me get rid of it)!

The Hatch Family said...

Thanks for the post. I am Elder Hatch's mother and appreciate the kind words about my son. The rest of the story however is that his father had a big influence on him writing Thank you cards. Elder Hatch has seen his father take the time to write many cards throughout his life. So thanks for sharing this story and affirming to us that he did learn some of life's lessons. The shirts are awesome and I can't believe you found one to fit Zach. Thanks from a mom back home. www.hatchnews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post. I am Elder Hatch's older (but not bigger) sister. It does my heart good (and actually brings a tear to my eye) to see him happy, smiling, and making such good friends in Hawaii. Mahalo for taking such good care of him!
~Annie

dawn inga said...

Dear Hatch Family, Thank you so much for finding my post. We just love Elder Hatch. It was so fun to see your blog and you can rest assure that you raised a good young man!