Monday, December 29, 2008

eeehhh....

For anyone who thinks that it is always wonderful in paradise...
Here is an after picture of an hour of my life today. (I spared you the "before" because it is way nast-o!) These are my garbage cans after they have been bleached and scrubbed. I have to do this about every 3 months because of all the disgusting green and black mold that grows on everything is paradise. I even have to use a clorox wipe on my shoes if I haven't worn them for a while.

Thank Heaven for clorox!

(Emily, if you ever need a vacation from cleaning your own house, just call me and you can come and help me clean mine!)

4 comments:

skcoe said...

Okay, EW. I never really thought of that before...

You still need to update me on your life, email sometime!

heather said...

Hey Dawn, it's Heather, I am glad to see you have a blog to keep updated on you guys. WE have a blog also, hansensdreamteam.blogspot.com, come visit. Also, I have tried to send your Christmas card a few times, I thought I had you address, and no luck. Then I got your Christmas card and thought I would just get it from there, well, it got thrown away. please send it to me, hhnfres@hotmail.com. Christian and Addison decorated your envelope, so hopefully you can tell it is for you. I am excited to keep in touch, sorry about the mold situation, however you do live in Hawaii, there as to be some down side.
Hope all is well.-guess what the word verification I had to type in was...MOSSI...get it, sorry I thought it was funny, given the post and all.

Sandy said...

Thanks for letting us in on the down side of paradise. Sounds like cleaning mold there every few months is like how I dust here!

Emily said...

Dawn,

If I could afford a plane ticket and the cost to pay for a in home nanny for a week, I would be there in a second! I would love to clean your mold! It would be the awesome!