Monday, June 8, 2009

Tears at scripture time...

In our family scripture study, we have been reading the account in the Book of Mormon when the Savior appears to the people in the Americas. Tonight we read about the time when the Savior gathered all the children around him and prayed to Heavenly Father. I was struck by the simpleness of the love that our Savior has for all of us but especially for the children. No wonder He asks us to be like the little children.

I can think of only a few times in my life when I have submitted myself to Heavenly Father with child-like faith and the outpouring of love is astounding. I am so grateful for the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and the testimony that Jesus Christ died for me that I can be with Him and my family forever!

Oh yeah, after we finished reading scriptures, Jackson said, "Yes, we finally made mom cry during scriptures!"

1 comment:

Sandy said...

So did your boys have a goal to make you cry during scripture study? I think you should cry a few more times just to see what they say!

Thank you for sharing your testimony. Miss you!